You are in, and now you have all sorts of wonderful problems -- the kind most filmmakers wish they could enjoy. You know, you have to do all the things you have to do for a film festival. I have tried to collect the various blog posts I have written or have found written by others that will really prepare you. There's a lot more to be written. But this is a good start:
- "7 Reasons To Release Your Film For Free"; by Todd Sklar; June 21, 2012
- "If I Were A Filmmaker Going To Sundance (aka What Can A Distributor Do For You That You Can't Do For Yourself With A Little Bit Of Money); by Orly Ravid; Dec 21, 2011
- "The Power Of Free"; by Peter Broderick; May 22, 2012
- "20 Points To Consider In Approaching Your Festival Premiere"; by Jon Reiss; December 21, 2009
- "50 Ways To Sell Your Movie"; by Roger Jackson; December 4, 2012
- "Festival Survival Guide For Filmmakers" by Nancy Schafer
- "Film Festivals Offer The Life Lessons For Longevity" by Kellie Ann Benz
Producers' Rep (aka Sales Rep):
- "16+Thoughts On Picking A Producers' Rep" August 1, 2012
- "Indie Film Publicists List" (Needs an update!); Dec 4, 2009.
- "How To Do A Festival Q&A" by Scott Macauley; Dec 3, 2012
- "Breaking The Rules: To Screen Or Not To Screen Before Your Festival Premiere"; by Steven Beer;
- "Top 10 Twitter Tips For Filmmakers"; by Thom Powers
IF YOU KNOW OF OTHER REALLY GOOD POSTS TO HELP PEOPLE PREP FOR FESTIVALS, Please share them here!!!