Yesterday I went into some of the factors determining how the Model for IndieFilmFinanceV2011.1 may be set. If you were taking notes you probably recognized that these are the factors, but I thought it was worth jotting them down for our cheat sheets:
- Price point / negative cost below $5M;
- "Estimated" Foreign Value at 80% or higher of negative costs;
- Track record of collaborators in US Acquisition market to project 25% of negative costs;
- Utilization of Soft Money/Tax Benefits as revenue -- not enhancement;
- Manufacture desire: inject freshness & an ability to cut through the noise;
- Predetermined & Accessible Audience;
- Aura Of Inevitability= Polished Script+Show Reel or Look Book + _________?
- Urgency of the deal;
- Something old (proven genre)
- Something new (fresh scent).
What does this all add up to? Is there a formula we can use? I think so. Why don't we just get to that tomorrow?