I understand why some directors want the DVD to be a "pure" copy of what the feature film is. It is what it is and that is where the effort went.
- A Different Cut: usually this is the "Director's Cut" but in TFF this would always be the same version. Sometimes this is an "Unrated" cut when changes are made for ratings purposes. Can more be done with though.
- Commentary: This is often just the director and other crew collaborators. There has been an increased openness to having other directors make commentary too. Sometimes they have been using opposing critics which can get kind of fun.
- Additional Scenes: This is usually limited to scenes that were shot to include in the movie and later removed in the edit process.
- "Added Value" Content: Generally this is elements used in the filmmaking process: script, storyboards, preliminary visual effect mock-ups.
- Publicity & Marketing Elements: Trailers, Posters, Stills, Electronic Press Kits (interviews).
- Behind The Scenes/Making Of Documentary: so-called B-roll of filmmaking process.